Friday, October 5, 2007

"Copycat Liam" and anxiety update...



Just because Connell carries a backpack and uses it for school, Liam has become pretty attached to his Elmo backpack now. We had open house at preschool on Thursday evening and Connell insisted on bringing his and therefore so did Liam. Too bad Liam isn't enough attached to it to let mommy leave him in the church nursery or ECFE classes by himself. For those of you following Liam's separation anxiety, it has been continuous from February to the present. Neither the nursery nor ECFE teachers will put up with his panicky scream and so after a set amount of time (maximum of 20 minutes usually since by then he is crying so hard that he is gagging and red all over), they always page me and make me take him back. Since Connell never had any stranger anxiety, I am very perplexed by all of this and somewhat depressed that it takes me away from my church programs. I keep thinking that one of these days he will snap out of it.

No comments: