Thursday, December 20, 2007

Caraway Seed Fiasco


Last evening I started to make a stew for a meal that I am bringing today to a new mom at our church. I got everything combined and then reached for my new bottle of caraway seeds that I had recently purchased at Cub Foods for $4.65 -- no where to be found. I spent about 45 minutes going through cupboards and drawers and carefully taking apart the spice cupboard. Nothing. So when Ray got home, I had to run out to get more since the recipe isn't anything without the caraway seeds for flavor. Ray had asked me if I checked underneath the sink which I hadn't and for some reason I didn't bother to do before my run to Cub. Well, this afternoon I was going under the sink for some Windex (it's where we keep all the cleaners/some chemicals) and there was the unopened bottle of caraway seeds! So if anyone has more recipes using lots of them, email them to me as I have enough caraway seeds to last me for years now!

Note...it was the boys who put the bottle in the wrong place. Despite the childproof latch on the cupboards, they get their skinny arms through anyway and pull out whatever they can.

No comments: