Thursday, August 14, 2008

Off to the fair...









Today the boys and I drove down to Owatonna to the Steele County Free Fair. If you haven't heard of it...it's the largest county fair in the state. And coming from a dollar store and thrift store junkie...I love this fair because there is no admission! We grew up going all 6 days/nights and my parents and sister still do that. My parents' townhome is about 3 blocks from the fairgrounds and so we walk over and don't have to pay parking costs. My mom bought each of the boys a ride wristband and so they went on about 12 rides this afternoon. Liam really is a "ride novice" and yet he was eager to ride almost everything and because he is over 36 inches tall, he didn't need a parent to ride. They had a blast! We also met up with my friend, Emily, and her two children, Caleb (almost 7) and Alayna (almost 3).

We have plans to make the trek again this weekend so that Daddy Ray can get his "fair fill" -- he is mostly interested in all the fair food, but will probably enjoy watching the boys continue to use their week-long ride wristbands and show them some animals, too.

(P.S. In the second picture -- the swings -- you can see my mom in the white shirt and my sister, Neysa, in the yellow)

No comments: