Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Purses, handbags galore







For some reason the last week has put me into a sewing mood. So I have been taking scraps and making some handbags just for fun.

The chocolate brown material is leftover from the curtains I made for the upstairs hallway bathroom (my chocolate-covered cherry bathroom!) and then I found the pink with daisies stuff in my stash (apparently I never made anything with it). I found some pink clothing lining and there you go!

The brocade looking stuff I had purchased thinking that I was going to make myself a dress - but clothing is not my strong point and so I took the remnants and made it into this handbag. The lime green lining was actually from a dress that I made while practicing to make my wedding dress 9-10 years ago! I found the actual practice dress and cut it apart to line this one!

The final one was the product of a pillow case I saw at the thrift store that I thought was gorgeous. One pillow case wasn't enough to make a bag, so I had to supplement with the green material which gives it a strange look. The hot pink border was the border on the pillow case and so my only wish was that I would have had enough to avoid using the green altogether. Oops. It looks nice for the beach though!

All of them have some side pockets which are nice.

No comments: