Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Crochet Creations (fall/winter attire)

Here are some of the crocheted tops/sweaters that I have been making in the last few weeks. This is about half of them as I have made a couple in several of the patterns and didn't feel the need to post both that are the same style. Some of the patterns I totally made up and some were published patterns. I can't wait to start wearing some of the sweaters though. I have worn a few of the cotton tops already, but the acrylic sweaters are way too hot for the unseasonable weather we have been having. I chose to make a lot of cropped tops simply because they whip up faster, they take less yarn and they seem like they might still be in style (maybe?!?!? I am not one to be in-style).

This one is based on a pattern, but the whole middle part with the buttons was made up (by me) simply to fit my style. I wore this one to our Ladies' Night Out and actually a couple of my friends didn't believe that I had made it.

This was also a pattern and I pretty much did it as the pattern called for it. It is using a "V" stitch that you can only see up-close. It is also cotton.

This one I dub the "chocolate covered cherry" sweater much like one of the newly-done bathrooms in our house. It has a funky edging that makes it look very cozy. It is acrylic and quite warm.

This one is based on the pattern for the first sweater on the blog, but I made granny squares into it and didn't use the shells to edge it at all. Basically you could say that I made it up. The tie in the middle is kind of interesting and it could probably go with a green shirt underneath too.

This is called a "Circle Jacket" and is a British pattern that I converted to American crochet stitches. It is very unique since it is a large circle that somehow falls into place like a jacket over a shirt (it has buttons). It is very long in back and I think it is very stylish -- well, maybe it's stylish in England!?!?!

This yarn is a multi-colored acrylic yarn and partially a pattern and somewhat made-up. There are more colors in there than the picture portrays.

This is the first true shrug that I tried to make and I call it my "peppermint bon bon shrug". It's hard to pose in the picture since it simply goes over your arms and than the rest is on your back and along your neck. If you know what shrugs look like, you can probably picture it on. It's acrylic as well but probably won't be too hot since it only covers a portion of your body.


Well, there you have it! I don't want to bore you with the 6-7 others that I have also made. You get the picture. I wanted to model them all for pictures, but I didn't have the patience to try them all on and I would have had to employ Ray as photographer (and he is watching the Gopher football game).

No comments: