Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year!

The boys are back into their school routine and we are dealing with more snow and frigid temps. The cold doesn't bother me as much as it used to. I have yet to drive to the bus stop in the morning -- except for a day a few months ago when it was raining and I had an errand to run immediately afterwards. Otherwise I get some good energy for the day walking the block or so with Connell and Liam -- it ends up being about 10-15 minutes outside which is quite manageable.

We have already had to replace our Highlander's front windshield this week after a rock hit it over the break. I also locked my keys in the car while shopping downtown Apple Valley and needed my neighbor Cyndi to venture into our house, find the spare key and drive it down to me. I also "tapped" a car while backing out of the church parking lot -- there was no real damage -- perhaps a scratch or so on ours and she couldn't really tell where I even bumped her bumper so that turned out ok. Given the terribly snowy and windy conditions today, I don't know if I should venture out!

I am preparing my first mailing for the French contest. This is the final year I will coordinate it no matter what. I am anxious to find out my teaching placement for next year although that won't be until April at the earliest. The district will be going through lots of budget cuts due to lack of state funding and so that might affect where my job ends up.

Hope you all are having a nice start to 2010...

No comments: